- - 2 pounds boneless chuck roast
- - 4 teaspoons olive oil
- - ½ medium onion
- - 3 cloves garlic
- - 1 ½ cups low sodium fat-free beef broth
- - 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- - 6 medium carrots
- - 6 cups baby potatoes
- - sea salt
- - corn starch
- - 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Trim all the fat from the chuck roast steak, then sprinkle salt on each side. Set Instant Pot to sauté and and wait until the screen reads “hot.” Add 2 tsp of the olive oil and sear meat on both sides. Remove roast from pot.
- Add remaining 2 tsp olive oil to the Instant Pot and add onions and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until fragrant, then deglaze with broth, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce and stir well. Get all those brown bits up from the bottom of the pot to flavor your meat and veggies and make a killer gravy!
- Add the roast back to Instant Pot, along with potatoes. Place carrots in a steamer basket on top of meat and potatoes. Lock lid and set for 60 minutes.
- After cook time, do a natural release. It took my pot about 15 minutes to release all the pressure. If you are hangry or impatient, you could switch it over to quick release anytime after this point and you should be good. Remove roast & veggies from the Instant Pot and serve.