- - 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- - 3 tsp baking powder
- - ½ tsp salt
- - 2 tbsp sugar
- - 1 cup milk
- - 1 egg
- - 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- - 3 tbsp butter melted
- In large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In separate bowl mix together milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add milk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Don't over mix! Some lumps are ok.
- Stir in the melted butter. Make sure butter is melted but not hot.
- Heat frying pan or griddle to medium heat. Lightly oil pan.
- Pour batter into evenly sized pancakes. When golden brown on bottom flip and cook other side until done and nicely browned. (about 2 minutes).
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or your favourite topping.
- These pancakes taste fantastic with my 5 minute Strawberry Sauce or Sour Cherry Sauce.