- - 1 ½ pounds ground chuck
- - ½ a medium yellow onion, finely minced
- - 2 cloves of fresh garlic, finely minced
- - 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- - ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- - ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- - ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- - ⅓ cup of Worcestershire sauce
- - ¼ cup ketchup, plus an additional 1/3 cup for brushing on top
- - 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly spray a foil-lined rimmed, metal baking sheet with olive oil.
- Add all ingredients above to a large bowl and mix by hand until combined and well mixed. On your prepared pan, free-form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove and brush with 2/3 of the ketchup before returning the meatloaf to the oven and baking for another 20 minutes.
- Remove, brush with more ketchup and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.