- - 3 pounds of potatoes
- - water to cover potatoes
- - 2 teaspoons salt
- - ¼ cup of butter
- - ¼ cup of sour cream
- - ¼ cup of milk
- - ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- - ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Place the peeled and sliced potatoes into the bottom of the instant pot.
- Cover with water and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and set the valve to seal.
- Cook on manual pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn the instant pot off.
- Quick release the pressure from the pot.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the instant pot.
- Add the remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, butter, milk and sour cream to the potatoes. Mash until smooth.